Clinical validation studies using the Cardiac State Diagram to quantify cardiac mechanics have shown promising results, demonstrating a significant ability to predict presence, severity and prognosis in several cardiac disease states.
It has been identified as a potentially valuable tool for clinical decision making and studies of larger patient materials are currently ongoing to confirm the preliminary results and to establish population wide reference ranges.
GrippingHeart's research activities are concurrently focused on transforming the CSD technique into a fully automated imaging tool for assessment of cardiac function in real-time.
Contact us to learn more -->
List of publications:1. Cardiac pumping and function of the ventricular septum , S. Lundback, Acta physiologica Scandinavica. Supplementum, vol. 550, pp. 1-101, 1986. Available in reproduced online format.
2. Mitral Annular Displacement by Doppler Tissue Imaging May Identify Coronary Occlusionand Predict Mortality in Patients with Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Zahid W, Johnson J, Westholm C, Eek CH, Haugaa KH, Smedsrud MK, Skulstad H, Fosse E, Winter R, Edvardsen T, J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2013 Jun 19.
3. PRENATAL TISSUE VELOCITY IMAGING OF THE HEART A new approach to assess fetal myocardial function, Nina Elmstedt, Doctoral Thesis, Division of Medical Engineering, School of Technology and Health, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
4. State diagrams of the heart --a new approach to describing cardiac mechanics. Larsson M, BjällmarkA, Johnson J, Winter R, Brodin LA, Lundbäck S. CardiovascUltrasound. 2009 May 27
5. The Cardiac State Diagram as a Novel Approach for the Evaluation of Pre-and Post-ejection Phases of the Cardiac Cycle in Asphyxiated Fetal Lambs. Wågström E, Johnson J, Ferm-Widlund K, Elmstedt N, Liuba K, Lind B, Brodin LA,Lundbäck S, Westgren M. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2013 Jul 9
6. State diagrams of the heart-a new approach to identify ischemia, AI. Nagy1, A. Manouras2, E. Gunyeli2, U. Gustafsson3, K. Shahgaldi4, R. Winter2, J. Johnsson4 - (1) Semmelweis University, Heart and Vascular Center, Budapest, Hungary (2) Department of Cardiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden (3) Karolinska Institut & Dept. of Cardiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Department of Medicine, Stockhom, Sweden (4) School of Technology and Health, Royal Institute of Technology, EuroEcho-Imaging 2013